Our aim is to cater for our guests' every need while staying at Stafford House. We offer 2 Double Bedrooms one of which is En-Suite located on the 2nd Floor, then we have a Standard Double Bedroom (with a King Size Bed) and a Twin Bedroom both located on the 1st floor. The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please do not hesitate to contact us, and we will do our very best to be of assistance to you.
• Stafford House is located about 200 yards from the centre of Greystoke, approximately 5 minutes walk.
• There is a Bus Stop in the centre of the village which is opposite the
Shop/Post Office. Bus timetable leaflets are available to our guests.
• We have telephone numbers of reputable Taxi Company's so that you can make a
booking, or if preferred we can arrange to do that for you.
• Our website is www.stafford-house.co.uk and provides more views of Stafford House, as well as further information about the services we provide.
• You can contact us by telephone/fax or e-mail. Please see the contact Information section for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking
• Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time, to ensure that we will be here to welcome you.
• On arrival we ask all guests to call at the front entrance. If you follow the stone chipping pathway to the left of the main building and round to the right, you will see the main entrance where there is a small step into the house.
• The car park is free of charge and although it is unmarked, there is ample
room for up to 7 cars, and is illuminated in the hours of darkness.
• We ask all of our guests if they would like assistance with their luggage.
Main Entrance &
• There is a small step of 6cm as you enter Stafford House.
• The front door is always locked, but guests are given a key to enable their
access at any time they so wish, the door is 92cm. wide
• On arrival, guests are shown to their rooms and our facilities are
• In the “Guest Information File” you will find your registration card which must be completed on arrival, a “Breakfast Menu” card, and lots more information that you may find interesting to browse through.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs,
Landing, Corridors etc.
• The Breakfast Room is on the ground floor, just to the right as you enter the main building.
• There are 12 stairs leading to the first floor, if you turn left and up 1 more
step, the standard Double Bedroom and shared Bathroom/Shower Room is located. If you turn right at the top of the first flight of stairs, and up 2 more stairs along a short walkway, you will
find the Twin Bedroom that shares the Bathroom/Shower Room.
• Another 14 stairs will take you to the second floor, where the Lounge and En-suite Double Bedroom are to be found. The stairs are 19cm. high, 27cm. deep and 100cm. wide.
Public Areas - Sitting room,
lounges, lobbies etc
• Stafford House is carpeted throughout in a thick pile carpet, except for the shared Bathroom/Shower Room on the first floor which has a short-pile carpet, and the en-suite bathroom located on the second floor that is fitted with a linoleum type floor covering.
• The lounge is equipped with Sky Satellite television (please note that not all
channels are available), video, DVD, and Hi-Fi system for our guests to use if they so wish.
• The seating is a leather chesterfield 3-4 seater sofa and 2 single chesterfield chairs.
• 1 Bedroom is En-Suite, and the other 2 Bedrooms have the use of the same designated Bathroom/Shower Room.
• There are no public WC's available.
• Breakfast is served in the Breakfast Room on the ground floor. If you are coming down the stairs it is located to the left. If you are entering the building from outside, it is located on the right as you enter. The entry is level and the door width is 84cm.
• There are 2 tables, the largest one is oval in shape and measures 212cm. long
x 100cm. wide and 76cm. high. It is supported by 2 pedestal type legs and seats 4 people. The second table is circular and measures 110cm. x 110cm. wide and 76cm. high with a single
pedestal type leg seating 2 people.
• The chairs are without arms and can be moved to accommodate ample seating,
soft background music is played during breakfast.
• A child's high chair is available if required.
• Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten and Wheat free diets can also be catered for.
• Laundry facilities are available on the premises if required.
• The nearest shopping facility is in the centre of Greystoke and only 5 minutes walk. It stocks a wide variety of both fresh and frozen produce as well as newspapers and magazines. It is also the village Post Office which is very handy as these are now becoming a bit of a rarity, so its welcome news that we still have ours.
• Monday to Saturday 7.15am - 5.30pm
• Sunday 8.30am - 12.00 noon.
Post Office Opening
• Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
• Wednesday & Friday 9.30am - 1.30pm
• Saturday 9.00am - 12.30pm
• Sunday - Closed
Last Collection Times for
• Monday to Friday 4.45pm
• Saturday 11.30am
• Sunday – No Collection
• Penrith’s Golf Driving Range is approximately 4 miles from Stafford House.
• Penrith Leisure Centre is approximately 5 miles from Stafford House.
• Rookin House Activity Centre is approximately 6 miles from Stafford
House. It is open all year and offers a wide range of activities such as Horse Riding, Quad Bikes, Go Karts, Madtrax Buggies, Amphibious Army Truck, JCB Operating, Clay Pigeon Shooting,
Archery, Trout Fishing, Paint Balling, Assault Courses, Zip Wire and much more. You will need to pre-book your chosen activities.
• Throughout the summer months Greystokes’ heated open air swimming pool is open, this is only about a 300 yard walk.
Bedrooms & Sleeping
• There is central heating throughout the house. The beds are made with all-season duvets, and the tog rating is adjusted to suit the time of the year. Each bedroom has a hospitality tray with tea, coffee, hot chocolate, sugar, milk, bottled water, biscuits and a bowl of fresh fruit. Guest Robes are provided, and there is a tray to place your footwear in complete with shoeshine. Also available in each room there is an electric rotating fan, a hairdryer, a clock-radio and a TV with remote control. Each room also has excellent storage space in the form of a wardrobe, a dressing table, bedside cabinets, and a chest of drawers.
• The average bed height is 56cm; average width of doorways is 76cm; average WC height is 40cm; average height of wash basins is 79cm.
• Guest Bedroom Number 1 is an En-Suite Double Bedroom located on the second floor, it is approximately 5.13m x 4.87m with one double bed which is 137cm wide, 193cm in length, and 61cm high the entrance doorway is 76cm; bed height 60cm. There are two chairs in this room, one is 47cm high, and the other is 38cm high.
The en-suite doorway is 76cm and the step into the shower is 18cm. Towels are neatly stacked above the radiator, and guest toiletries are displayed ready for use to the left of the basin.
• Guest Bedroom Number 2 is a Standard Double Bedroom and is located on the
first floor. It has the use of the same Bathroom/Shower Room as the Twin Room which is also located on this floor. This room is approximately 4.82m x 3.04m with a King Size bed which is
168cm wide, 208cm in length and 56cm high. The entrance doorway is 76cm; bed height 56cm. In this room there is a window seat which is 48cm high.
• Guest Bedroom Number 3 is the Twin Room, also located on the first floor, and has the use of the same Bath/Shower Room as the Standard Double Room which is also on the first floor. This room is approximately 4.82m x 3.04m and has two single beds that are 92cm wide, 198 in length, and 60cm high. The entrance doorway is 85cm wide, there is also a window seat which is 49cm high and a chair that is 47cm high. This room shares the bathroom/shower room with Guest Bedroom Number 2 located on this floor.
The entrance doorway to the shared Bathroom/Shower room is 76cm; the height of the bath-side is 54cm, the shower is positioned over the bath which has a non-slip bath mat and a shower screen to prevent water escaping. The basin is 79cm high and the toilet is 40cm high. Towels are neatly stacked above the radiator, and guest toiletries are displayed ready for use just to the right of the radiator.
• Nestling within the magnificent grounds of Greystoke Castle, Stafford House sits in 3/4 of an acre of a private and enclosed hedged/walled garden. There is a pond with rockery planting and a bench style seat can be found where you can sit and relax. There is also a patio table and chairs where guests can take a seat and shade under the canopy umbrella. The main drive has a herbaceous border running parallel with it and various potted plants, window boxes and hanging baskets enhance the whole area.
• Children and pets are welcome at Stafford House.
• Mobile phone reception is achievable in a number of areas, obviously some are
better than others.
• We have a non smoking policy throughout the house, but there are designated
areas outside where smoking is permitted.
• There are fire extinguishers on the ground floor by the front entrance, on the
first floor at the top of the flight of stairs, and on the second floor again at the top of the flight of stairs.
• We are able to use the front and rear doors should evacuation be
necessary. The fire alarm rings continuously should it be activated. If you have a hearing impairment, and need assistance during an emergency, please advise us on your arrival so that we
can then ensure that you are evacuated safely.
• A fridge is available for medication etc. if required.
• A selection of local information is available in our displays in the Breakfast Room.
• In each Bedroom there is a “Guest Information Folder”, containing your registration card, Breakfast Menu, some background information about Stafford House, useful telephone numbers you may need, and the names and telephone numbers of local Pubs, Restaurants and Takeaways in the surrounding area.
Address: Stafford House,
Telephone: 017684 83558
Emergency numbers: For
Minor Injuries - Penrith Hospital 01768 245300 - 5 miles
Casualty - Carlisle Infirmary 01228 523444 - 24 miles
Out of Hours Doctor 01228 401999
NHS Direct (Dentist and General) 0845 4647
Morrison's Penrith - Supermarket Pharmacy 01768 862055 - 5 miles
Payphone: There is a payphone in Greystoke village centre, just opposite the Boot & Shoe Pub - 200 yards
Local public transport numbers:
Bus: 0871 200 22 33 or www.traveline.info - There is a Bus Stop in Greystoke just
opposite the shop/post office - 200 yards.
Train: 08457 484950 or www.nationalrail.co.uk
Main Bus & Train Stations are located in Penrith - 5 miles.
Village Taxi - Penrith and beyond 07957 838097 – Paul Cowperthwaite
Lakeland Taxis – Penrith 01768 865722
• To continue to improve all of our areas as and when required, helping to keep a safe and well maintained establishment for all of our guests.
• If you require any further details, or have any comments about the services we provide, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any
comments please phone 017684 83558 or email email@example.com
Please be aware that unfortunately we do not allow pets into the main building of
However you are more than welcome to bring them along when you are staying in our Lodges
This amazing grey Racehorse was trained in Greystoke by Nicky Richards, and won 17 of his 32 races. An annual presentation held at the Jocky Club Rooms in Newmarket on 7th December 2016, awarded him the prestigious title of RoR "Retraining of Racehorses" "Horse of The Year"